Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter xxxx


A strange feeling I had this morning when I woke (although maybe not all that strange....) - I felt a strong sense of freedom.

I am free.

Free to make my own decisions in life; free to bear my own burdens; free to live the way I choose. No rules, no taboos, certainly no arguments about what I choose to do. Of course, the downside of this is that I don't have a committed partner to share life with, and that is sad, but neither do I have the petty restrictions that can be part of married life. Being single has its advantages.

Last night I started reading one of the forums on Truth About Deception....now, bearing in mind that the people posting on that forum obviously had marital problems to begin with (they were discussing the signs of infidelity), they were a fairly unhappy bunch. Page after page of the minutiae of their lives....was she doing this? Had he done that? I failed to get to the last page and was left with an overwhelming sense of Thank Goodness I Don't Have All That.

Apologies if this sounds smug and self-satisfied. Of course my life is far from perfect. And my freedom came at a heavy price....I don't forget that. But - having achieved that freedom - I thank God for it, and I do not take it for granted.



Jesus said, "I have come that you shall have life, and life in all its fullness".
Alleluia - and, again, Happy Easter.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment