Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lent

The start of Lent, traditionally a time of reflection and abstinence. This year I have been lucky enough to join forces with two friends on a programme of daily meditations (and bible study for me). It will be interesting to see how this works out. We have already agreed on the things we are giving up, and I've found a slight technical hitch with mine already!

I also have another, enforced, abstinence; the loss of someone in my life who I cherished. A hard lesson, and one I would not have chosen.

My hopes for this time of Lent are that I will find a refreshed spirituality, and the chance to put the grief and pain of the past few years behind me.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have already started your journey to the future, well before lent, now is your time to settle and embrace what you have and not what you don't have.
    Love is in your soul you just need the right direction to release it in.

    ReplyDelete